Challenges & Solutions
Previously hosted live class exclusively for Ketchum. Access the recording and handouts by clicking on the Course Lesson below.
Parents are reeling from recent acts of violence and now thinking about Texas families who lost young ones attending school where they should be safe. You may be feeling overwhelmed with fear, sinking into despair, totally disconnected as losses mount up, or shifting among all of these sensations. At the same time, you may be finding it nearly impossible to drop your child off at school but want to protect them from fear. Coming together with others and sharing our experiences is one piece of repairing these emotional injuries. Participants in this Peace At Home Parenting session will be able to:
- Recognize the role that parents play in helping children feel safe
- Define and apply self-regulation and co-regulation during difficult times
- Develop coping mechanisms to deal with stress and worry for yourself as a parent and with your children
- Support your child to build overall resilience and optimism
- Apply communication approaches that help children remember there is more good in the world than danger.