Challenges & Solutions
Our Solution Series Libraries are developed around a specific parenting challenge. Each Series includes a collection of hand-picked, easily digestible (15 min+/-) videos which unlock a key piece of the parenting puzzle. Read our summary of this Series below then click on each lesson to access the class description, video, handouts, and information about our Expert(s).
Children who recognize and can manage their emotions as well as recognize and influence the emotions of others tend to be more successful. You play a big role in teaching your child those important skills.
You do it through modeling and other approaches which you may not recognize as important to our child’s development. You may be like many parents who want to be more patient. Maybe you want to stop yelling, threatening and punishing. Yet, you can’t imagine how to inspire cooperation without those old standby methods.
You probably won’t be surprised to learn that through punishment you might scare a child into following directions in the short run, but you don’t get long term behavior changes.
Mountains of research has shown without doubt that children seek connection with their parents and those parents who focus that connection on positive behavior, win more cooperation. This library will help you:
- Identify the nature of Emotional Intelligence and how to strengthen it in yourself and your children
- Recognize the effect of Emotional Intelligence on your child’s long term success and well-being
- Coach children to develop problem solving skills and recognize the importance of these skills
- Recognize the power of relationships in learning to cope with strong emotions and the meaning and impact of being your child’s “calm center”
- Build your parent-child relationship in ways that will effectively increase cooperation
- Recognize specific steps to ignore negative behaviors and reinforce those behaviors that you want from your child
- Apply an approach to discipline that will help your child learn self-control rather than fear authority