Challenges & Solutions
Previously hosted live class exclusively for Yum! Brands. Access the recording and handouts by clicking on the Course Lesson below.
Our hearts are broken after more than 20 people died in a school shooting in Uvalde, Texas—most of them, children. We’re feeling overwhelmed, helpless and even angry. To help us process these emotions, Louisville-based business resource group NEST is hosting a discussion on Thursday, June 2, 1 p.m. ET, via Zoom with the experts from Peace at Home Parenting.
Please join NEST executive sponsors, Yum! Vice President of Tax Jessica Holleran and KFC U.S. Chief Development Officer Brian Cahoe, as they connect with Peace at Home Parenting President & Founder and Psychotherapist Ruth Freeman and Peace at Home Parenting Chief Product Officer Aaron Weintraub in a one-hour session that will cover how to:
· Recognize the role that parents and caregivers play in helping children feel safe
· Define and apply self-regulation and co-regulation during difficult times
· Develop coping mechanisms to deal with stress and worry for yourself as a parent/caregiver and with your children
· Support your child to build overall resilience and optimism
· Apply communication approaches that help children remember there is more good in the world than danger
This session is open and relevant to all U.S.-based ARLs, regardless of their parental status. We hope that you’ll join us in an effort to repair these emotional injuries, but if you’re unable to, know that this session will be recorded for playback.
Note: When you register, please use your yum.com email address.