Challenges & Solutions
- Do you find yourself trying to solve your child’s problems?
- Do you sometimes get into conflict about problems that aren’t really yours to solve?
- Do you wish your child would be more effective at dealing with challenges?
When you recognize who “owns” a problem, you can determine who is responsible for solving it. Once you know which problems are yours to solve and which problems are your child’s responsibility to solve, life gets a lot easier.
We often fall into conflicts when we try to solve our kids’ problems. And most importantly, when teens perceive that they are problem solvers, they are less likely to use substances, less likely to harm themselves or others and they are all around more competent. When you teach your child problem solving skills, you are strengthening their emotional intelligence. This asset will help them succeed in relationships, at work and in most endeavors now and in the future.
- Click the button above to watch the recording of this workshop previously hosted. Come learn proven, effective solutions that quickly produce positive results giving you more clarity and confidence. If you are looking for more support email our Parent Guides at Solutions@Peaceathomeparenting.com.
- For additional support, check out the Quick Video Solutions Library, Parenting Principles, Progress not Perfection. Explore the Video Solutions and Handouts for all the classes including Who Owns the Problem – Coach Problem Solving Skills