Be your child’s emotions coach: Manage and communicate emotions (The Hartford)
Challenges & Solutions
Previously hosted live class exclusively for The Hartford. Access the recording and handouts by clicking on the Course Lesson below.
Are you sometimes overwhelmed by your child’s feelings?
Does your child have trouble verbalizing his/her emotions?
Do his/her displays of emotion seem like misbehavior to you?
A better relationship with your child starts with emotional intelligence.
Emotional intelligence increases children’s self-worth and cooperation, it improves communication and strengthens the parent-child connection. Family conflict decreases with strong emotional intelligence and it impacts all of your child’s future relationships.
Participants will be able to:
- Respond to children’s emotions effectively
- Help children manage their emotions
- Teach children problem solving skills
- Express emotions in ways that help children respond positively
- Apply communication skills that increase peace at home