LEGO Exclusive: Little Kids, Big Feelings
Challenges & Solutions
Join us for this expert-led live class exclusively for The LEGO Group. A recording of the class with handouts will be available once the class is complete.
In this expert-led conversation with JoAnn Robinson, PhD, and Cora Megan, MA, we will explore the reasons young children up to 5 years old react strongly and may have meltdowns – sometimes it’s predictable but other times, it’s just not! As always, our “conversations” will include plenty of time for your questions and comments and to share your successes and challenges with each other. Our conversation will include:
- Ways to prevent children’s feelings of overwhelm
- What to do when big feelings overwhelm your young child
- How to gradually help your child cope with disappointment and frustration
If you have time, you may want to view the following flash classes from your parenting library in advance of our conversation but plan to attend either way:
- Taming Tantrums: Recognize Triggers and Plan Ahead
- Positive Discipline for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Technology and Young Children: How Much is Too Much?
- Sibling Connections: Help Young Children Connect in Positive Ways
Remember, you can always check out these quick classes after our conversation if you are inspired to go deeper. And after conversations end, we’ve got your back. Join our private, monitored Facebook group or Q&A sessions to follow up on new learning and get answers.