About This Workshop
Does the idea of talking with your child about sexual orientation and gender identity feel difficult or even a little scary? These issues can be daunting for both kids and parents. And the changing ways that many in our society see gender identity and sexual orientation can cause further confusion and unrest. Your child will look to you for guidance about how to feel and act. This class will help you prepare for an open, ongoing dialogue with your child or teen that is candid, authentic and supportive.
- Click the button above to watch the recording of this workshop previously hosted. Come learn proven, effective solutions that quickly produce positive results giving you more clarity and confidence. If you are looking for more support email our Parent Guides at Solutions@Peaceathomeparenting.com.
- For additional support, check out the Quick Video Solutions Library, LGBTQ and Gender Essentials Library. Explore the Video Solutions and Handouts for all the classes including LGBTQ+: What Do All Those Letters Mean? and How to Help Your LGBTQ+ Child Thrive
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Recognize key issues and biases related to sexual orientation and gender identity for your child and for yourself
- Apply listening and talking strategies that help your child feel safe enough to express their true thoughts and feelings
- Apply approaches that will support your child’s positive thoughts and feelings about themself