About This Class
- Does the idea of talking with your child about sexual orientation feel difficult or even a little scary?
- Are you confused about the changing ways that many in our society see these issues?
- Feeling the need for some guidance about how to support your child?
The issues of sexual orientation can be daunting for both kids and parents. Your child will look to you for guidance about how to feel and act. This class will help you prepare for an open, ongoing dialogue with your child or teen that is candid, authentic and supportive.
After this class, you will be able to:
- Identify positive use of pronouns, how to ask others, and introduce yourself in ways that normalize the practice for everyone
- Support LGBTQIA+ people in your family, workplace and community
- Recognize the opportunity to be a “co-conspirator”
- Respond to microaggressions in ways that help