About This Class
- Does the idea of talking with your child about sexual orientation and gender identity feel difficult or even a little scary?
- Are you confused about the changing ways that many in our society see these issues?
- Feeling the need for some guidance about how to support your child?
The issues of sexual orientation and gender identity can be daunting for both kids and parents. Your child will look to you for guidance about how to feel and act. This class will help you prepare for an open, ongoing dialogue with your child or teen that is candid, authentic and supportive.
After this class, you will be able to:
- Recognize key issues and biases related to sexual orientation and gender identity for your child and for yourself
- Apply listening and talking strategies that help your child feel safe enough to express their true thoughts and feelings
- Apply approaches that will support your child’s positive thoughts and feelings about themself