About this Discussion
The back to school transition can cause jitters or worse for both you and your child. The good news is that the best thing you can do for your child is to take care of your self. We are built to reflect each other’s emotions. When children display intense feelings and behaviors, our brains naturally reflect those. We start to feel stressed, angry, or overwhelmed just like our kids. Learn practical tools to help you be a calm center for your family as your child returns to school.
- Click the link above to watch the recording of this previously hosted discussion on LinkedIn. Learn proven, effective solutions that quickly produce positive results giving you more clarity and confidence.
- If you are looking for more support email our Parent Guides at Solutions@Peaceathomeparenting.com.
- Find related solutions in our Inspire School Success for Elementary Students Library – check out the class titled School Success: Inspire Motivation and Engagement and Understand Executive Functions, Emotions, and Self-Regulation
After this discussion, you will be able to:
- Recognize and address your child’s progress and needs
- Partner with your child and, as needed, your child’s teacher to set up successful homework practices
- Apply simple, practical methods of inspiring your child’s motivation without taking over
- Identify when and how to contact a teacher about your child’s school challenges