Challenges & Solutions
Our Solution Series Libraries are developed around a specific parenting challenge. Each Series includes a collection of hand-picked, easily digestible (15 min+/-) videos which unlock a key piece of the parenting puzzle. Read our summary of this Series below then click on each lesson to access the class description, video, handouts, and information about our Expert(s).
Parents of young children strongly influence their child’s future school success through play and other kinds of social interaction. Play helps children to develop curiosity about the world, take initiative, develop problem solving skills, as well as apply focused attention and persistence to tasks. Your interest, questions and comments help build your child’s capacities for future success as a student. In the library Little Kids, Happy Learners parents will gain the following important skills:
- Applying strategies that make the most of everyday conversations and activities to promote your child’s learning
- Recognize how to decide what type of early education you want your child to participate in
- Helping your child make transitions into early care settings like meeting a new caregiver or starting preschool or kindergarten
- Young Children’s Brain Development and Why Parents Matter So Much
- Four Keys to Home Learning
- Ensure a Positive Transition to Child Care/Preschool
- Transition to Kindergarten: Are We Ready?
- Transition to Kindergarten: Develop Routines and Prepare for School
- Help Your Young Child Become More Independent