About This Workshop
The parent-child relationship is the most powerful mental health intervention known to humankind.
– Bessel van der Kolk
You deserve to understand what you can do to protect your child and teen’s mental health – especially as we all face a national pediatric mental health crisis. Without recognizing that certain behaviors tell a story about your child’s unmet needs or the mismatch between our expectations and our kids’ capacities, it’s easy to miss important signs and symptoms. Sometimes we even make things worse in our efforts to remedy the problems. Join Peace At Home founder, Ruth E. Freeman, LCSW and special guest, Denise Parent, LMFT, seasoned family therapist and former Director of the University of Connecticut Graduate Marriage and Family Therapy training clinic to get answers on the spot about how to protect your child’s mental health.
- Click the button above to register for this 45 minute, virtual, Interactive Q&A discussion. We’ll email (1) a zoom link to add to your calendar and (2) reminders as the date gets closer. Come learn proven, solutions that quickly produce positive results giving you more clarity and confidence.
- For additional support, check out the Quick Video Solutions Library, Parenting Principles for Progress not Perfection. Explore the Video Solutions and Handouts for all the classes including The kids are Not Alright: 7 Steps to Make Your Home Their Safe Place, Be Your Child’s Calm Center: Techniques to Calm the Brain.
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Recognize your own feelings and concerns about you child(ren)’s transition back to school
- Apply strategies to calm your brain and support your child(ren)’s optimism and resilience about the new school year
- Get answers to any other questions you are wondering about at this time