Challenges & Solutions
Our Solution Series Libraries are developed around a specific parenting challenge. Each Series includes a collection of hand-picked, easily digestible (15 min+/-) videos which unlock a key piece of the parenting puzzle. Read our summary of this Series below then click on each lesson to access the class description, video, handouts, and information about our Expert(s).
Peace At Home’s principles are built on decades of research focused on parent-child relationships and positive outcomes for kids.
Give your children and yourself the gift of Peace At Home. Start with these 4 big ideas:
- Be Your Child’s Calm Center
- Understand Yourself
- Focus on Connection and Curiosity
- Teach and Model Kindness and Compassion
Put those big ideas into action with these 5 essential strategies to help your family thrive:
- Create Rules, Routines, Rhythms and Rituals with Your Family
- Recognize the Power of Play and Playfulness
- Strengthen Your Child’s Emotional Intelligence
- Create Problem Solvers
- Signal Safety to Your Child
Read more about Peace at Home’s Parenting Principles and dive in by watching or listening to one of the Quick Video Solutions below.
Peace At Home is possible, one step at a time. Let’s do this together. You will be able to:
- Recognize how strongly the way handle stress affects your child’s behavior
- Apply specific brain calming strategies to stay calm and think clearly during challenging times
- Learn how to talk to kids about how their brain works and what they can do to keep it healthy
- Practice ways to calm down that you can teach to children
- Recognize the effects of your childhood on your adult thoughts, feelings and behaviors
- Identify ways your childhood may be impacting your relationship(s) with your child(ren)
- Define and recognize traits of perfectionism in you and/or your child
- Build a secure attachment relationship with your child
- Create rules and routines as a family
- Use positive feedback that supports cooperation
- Make daily routines fun and recognize how playfulness (can help) helps during hard times
- Help your child understand and talk about their own feelings and the feelings of others
- Recognize symptoms of distress that you may be ignoring and would benefit from attention
- Identify and apply strategies that guide your child to become a problem solver (starting at any age)
- Identify and apply strategies that help both adults and children feel safer even in difficult (circumstances) times
Start today. Got questions? Email us at Solutions@peaceathomeparenting.com And remember, progress not perfection.