Challenges & Solutions
Previously hosted live class exclusively for Skillsoft. Access the recording and handouts by clicking on the Lesson below.
Many of us had to learn the hard way about managing money, credit and planning. Some of us are still struggling with these issues. Whether you are a fiscal wizard or a beginner, you can teach your children essential financial literacy. The skills you teach your children will help them develop habits that will enrich the rest of their lives. Understanding the nature of money, what it can and cannot do, and how to make it work in your life are all learned skills you can help children acquire right now.
Participants will be able to:
- Recognize the nature of financial literacy and why it is important
- Identify key concepts and skills to teach to children by age group
- Recognize the difference between a Roth and traditional IRA and what to teach children about those financial tools
- Reflect on your own financial literacy and how you are doing as a role model
- Identify debt danger signals
- Apply practical methods of teaching financial literacy using a structured child budget and allowance method