About This Workshop
Maybe you call it stress, maybe you call it anxiety. But we all know that many of us are worn out from just surviving and looking for ways to thrive. Let’s talk.
First, a quick biology lesson. When stress overwhelms your coping capacity, your body goes into “fight or flight” mode. Your body’s response (feeling activated) is intended to feel unpleasant (anxiety) enough to drive you to take action to resolve the situation in as short a time as possible.
However, work and family situations can seem like they cannot be resolved and we may be chronically “fired up.” This leads to our bodies stimulating even more of a physiological response to regain control and we become “hyperactivated” (or angry) at ourselves or others or both. Sound familiar?
This session helps you evaluate your personal and family practices in order to make some much-needed changes to how you respond to stress.
- Click the button above to watch the recording of this previously hosted discussion. Learn proven, effective solutions that quickly produce positive results giving you more clarity and confidence.
- If you are looking for more support email our Parent Guides at Solutions@Peaceathomeparenting.com.
- New To Peace at Home? Register for free using the “New to Peace at Home” button above and watch this Workshop for free too.
- For additional support, check out the Quick Video Solutions Library, Parenting Principles for Progress not Perfection Explore the Video Solutions and Handouts for all the classes including The Kids are Not Alright: 7 Steps to Make Your Home Their Safe Place, Be Your Child’s Calm Center: Techniques to Calm the Brain
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Recognize the impact of sustained stress on you and your family
- Identify specific sources of stress in your family life and apply strategies to address those
- Identify and apply practical strategies to reduce family stress