About This Workshop
- My 8-year-old daughter just declared she is “non-binary.” Help! I have no idea how to respond.
- My extended family is really upset that we are supporting our teen’s gender transition. How can we handle their objections and protect our child at the same time?
- My teen told me that his friend let him know that he is gay and my son wants some advice about how to support his friend.
The issues of sexual orientation and gender identity can be daunting for both kids and parents. It's easy to feel confused about the changing ways that many in our society see these issues. Your child will look to you for guidance about how to feel and act. This workshop will help you prepare for an open, ongoing dialogue with your child or teen that is candid, authentic, and supportive.
- Click the button above to register for this Hartford exclusive 45 minute, virtual, Interactive workshop. We’ll email (1) a zoom link to add to your calendar, (2) reminders as the date gets closer and (3) a link to the recording and handouts once the live session is complete. Come learn proven, effective solutions that quickly produce positive results giving you more clarity and confidence.
- For additional support, check out the Quick Video Solutions Library, LGBTQ and Gender Essentials Library. Explore the Video Solutions and Handouts for all the classes including LGBTQ+: What Do All Those Letters Mean? and How to Help Your LGBTQ+ Child Thrive
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Define the differences among the concepts of sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression
- Recognize key issues and biases related to sexual orientation and gender identity for your child and for yourself
- Apply listening and talking strategies that help your child feel safe enough to express their true thoughts and feelings
- Apply approaches that will support your child’s positive thoughts and feelings about themself
- Apply strategies to continue learning how to support my child’s healthy development and identity formation