Check out our FREE 45 minute live or recorded class by registering today!
- Tone down your excitement about going someplace new. Young children react to being in new places by looking to us for our reaction. Avoid making a big deal about it, especially if your child is easily startled or clings to you with fear. Being matter of fact will tell your child that it’s safe.
- Bring along some familiar food if you are eating a meal away. Of course it is fun to try new foods but it’s amazing how including a familiar food with new ones makes it all feel safe to try.
- Try to maintain something like the usual nap and eating times. If your toddler can refuel his/her energy predictably, he/she is more likely to play and enjoy being with lively cousins, aunts, and uncles.
- Develop and strengthen cooperative relationships with your infants and toddlers
- Help older siblings and babysitters to participate in your baby’s routines
- Prevent challenging behaviors of older siblings by practicing kindness in routines that make for a peaceful home
This FREE live online parenting class is designed for parents of infants and toddlers.
In addition, you will receive access to free monthly “Question and Answer” sessions in which you will be coached in applying the skills you learned in Peace at Home webinars and again you will connect with other parents working to improve skills.