Challenges & Solutions
Our Solution Series Libraries are developed around a specific parenting challenge. Each Series includes a collection of hand-picked, easily digestible (15 min+/-) videos which unlock a key piece of the parenting puzzle. Read our summary of this Series below then click on each lesson to access the class description, video, handouts, and information about our Expert(s).
Congratulations – your child is a successful student who has been recognized for their talent and achievement.
Now, what steps can you take to help them cope with teen emotions and get ready for independence?
For gifted students and their families, acceptance into a rigorous program is just the beginning. Help your child be ready for a bright future – support them to:
- Manage stress
- Recognize the importance of self-care
- Find balance between commitments and connections
- Build “emotional intelligence” that will strengthen mental health
- Communicate in positive ways that deepen relationships
These quick recorded classes give you tools and information to help your child make the most of this opportunity and set them on the path for success.
- Positive Connections for More Cooperation (Teens)
- Talking to Teens Communication for Connection: Part 1
- Talking to Teens Communication for Connection: Part 2
- Use Effective Feedback to Support Courage and Confidence
- Growth Thinking and Self-Worth
- 10 Teen Tasks: How You Can Help
- Stress Reduction for Youth and Parents
- Support the Social Emotional Health of Gifted Teen Students
- Less Conflict, More Solutions
- Tweens and Teens: Plan for Independence – Part 1
- Tweens and Teens: Plan for Independence – Part 2
- How to Get Your Teen to Behave Well and Listen
- Stress, The Brain, and Emotional Well-being in your Teen