Make a Summer Plan to Build Optimism and Resilience
Many of us feel relieved as the school year ends. We look forward to a more relaxed season, at last. And yet…by mid-July, we may be dealing with bored kids who are less cooperative and spending more time on screens than ever. And really, how we spend our summer as a family will impact our children’s readiness for September.
This small group learning session will give you an opportunity to think together with Peace At Home teachers and other parents about your summer. Let’s create a mindful and enjoyable season that will strengthen your kids’ optimism and resilience for next school year. Participants will be able to:
- Recognize family patterns that lead to stress and conflict
- Identify approaches that will increase fun and connection
- Apply mindfulness practices for yourself and with your kids
- Apply strategies to make summer plans as a family
- Connect with other parents to recognize what you already do that works, get some new ideas about solutions and relax into the fact that we are all imperfect parents