Challenges & Solutions
Our Solution Series Libraries are developed around a specific parenting challenge. Each Series includes a collection of hand-picked, easily digestible (15 min+/-) videos which unlock a key piece of the parenting puzzle. Read our summary of this Series below then click on each lesson to access the class description, video, handouts, and information about our Expert(s).
The teen years are full of joys, challenges and surprises as your child’s brain changes in ways that may lead them to miscalculate risks, react impulsively, and seek support from peers instead of parents and teachers. Learn the effective communication styles and positive discipline methods that you need to confidently support your child as they grow into independent young adults. Parents who access the “Talking to Teens: Independence and Safety” library will be able to:
- Initiate important conversations with your teen
- Become aware of red flags around social media use
- Consider when it is okay to start leaving your child alone
- Identify strategies to balance monitoring with trust
- Apply steps in planning with teens for situations that strengthen independence