Little Kids, Big Feelings
Challenges & Solutions
Our Solution Series Libraries are developed around a specific parenting challenge. Each Series includes a collection of hand-picked, easily digestible (15 min+/-) videos which unlock a key piece of the parenting puzzle. Read our summary of this Series below then click on each lesson to access the class description, video, handouts, and information about our Expert(s).
Young children react strongly and tend to have “meltdowns” – sometimes it’s predictable but other times, it’s just not! This series will help you understand why your child so often displays intense emotions and the behaviors that go along with them. There are lots of options for how to respond in helpful ways during these difficult times with your young child. This library of classes offers parents solutions for how to:
- Respond effectively when big feelings overwhelm your young child
- Apply strategies that help prevent episodes of overwhelm
- Support your young child to gradually manage feelings of disappointment and frustration.
- Be Your Child’s Emotions Coach
- Taming Tantrums: Recognize Triggers and Stay Calm
- Taming Tantrums: Plan Ahead to Guide Your Child
- Positive Discipline for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Technology and Young Children: How Much is Too Much?
- Kids Listen Best when Parents are Playful
- Manage Sibling Conflict and Promote Positive Connections
- I Get So Irritated!