About This Workshop
Your student has gone through a lot of changes even in these first months of life away at school. There will be a lot to unpack and it won’t be all laundry. Expect that both you and they may have complicated emotions and even some confusion as you find your new rhythm together.
Both parents and young adults face unique challenges and adjustments as you all seek to create a harmonious holiday experience together. Join us for a deeper understanding of your college student’s experience. You’ll gain practical tips and important insights on what to expect so you can welcome them home with care and understanding and create a sweet holiday season for the whole family.
- Click the button above to register for this virtual, Interactive workshop. We’ll email (1) a zoom link to add to your calendar, (2) reminders as the date gets closer and (3) a link to the recording and handouts once the live session is complete. Come learn proven, effective solutions that quickly produce positive results giving you more clarity and confidence.
- For additional support, check out the Quick Video Solutions Library, Support, Inspire, and Connect Explore the Video Solutions and Handouts for all the classes including Enter Class Titles Talking to Teens: Communication for Connection, Positive Connections for More Cooperation for Teens
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Recognize the emotional and psychological changes your child may undergo both at school and during this first visit home.
- Address potential conflicts that may arise during the visit including boundaries and privacy while maintaining a sense of family togetherness.
- Apply open and constructive communication skills to strengthen your dialogue with your returning student, including recognizing sources of stress and anxiety for your student and ways to offer helpful support