- Punishment will change bad behavior.
- More reminders lead to better behavior.
- Explaining to your child why a behavior is wrong will lead him to stop that behavior.
- Lots of praise just spoils your child.
- Doing it once or twice means your child can do it regularly.
- My other child did not need extra training, so this child shouldn’t need it either.
- My child is just being manipulative.
Expert guidance, tools, and tips based on the latest parenting and child development research.
From Our Experts
January 24 , 2022
As parents, we spend our days worrying about and taking care of those around us. But when was the last time that you thought about the one piece that connects […]
December 16 , 2021
Do you set goals for yourself and your family each year only to abandon them after a short time? Don’t give up. You’ve got options. Here are two simple techniques […]
November 11 , 2021
by Ruth Freeman, LCSW Do you get stressed about the holidays? Are you the holiday wizard who tries to make it magical for all? Wish the whole thing was already […]