A loving relationship between parents is a powerful influence on how effective you are as a parent.
Research suggests that parents who report having a positive, affectionate relationship with their partners tend to engage in more positive parenting activities like playing, reading or singing with their children.
A mom or dad who feels loved is more likely to have the energy and patience that effective parenting requires. If you are worn out by chronic conflict, disappointment over broken agreements or feeling lonely in the relationship, you will likely have a lot less patience for another game of “Candyland.” Getting your basic emotional needs met in a positive relationship with your intimate partner means you are more emotionally available to your child. When your attachment needs are met, you are less likely to over-react to your children’s challenging behavior. When your own emotional bank is full, or at least not on empty, you simply have more to give in ways that children need. Continue reading “How Your Intimate Relationship Impacts Your Children”
Know What to Expect
Watch this video to learn how to join a webinar and what you will see once in the webinar. Please register early and download the GoToTraining application before the webinar starts.
Arrive Early and Be Prepared
- If possible, join the session early to be sure all your settings are in place when the webinar begins. You will usually be able to enter a webinar at least 15 minutes before the indicated start time.
- If having difficulty joining the webinar, contact Citrix Customer Support at 1-855-202-7959. They may have wait times when you call, so arriving early and discovering any problems early really helps.
- If you arrive early, you may download and review materials while you wait for the webinar to begin.
- Send questions in advance to Ruth@PeaceAtHomeParenting.com. If another teacher facilitates your webinar, Ruth will get your questions to that person.
- You may want to jot down notes to yourself, so have a pen and paper handy. Webinars can be dense with information and you may not be able to remember everything that is important to you.
- If there is a slide of particular importance to you, you can write down the title of that slide and send an email to the instructor requesting a copy of it.
Continue reading “Make the Most of Your Webinar!”