Challenges & Solutions
Previously hosted live class exclusively for MIT. Access the recording and handouts by clicking on the Course Lesson below.
Does any of this sound like your child?
- Clinging, crying and/or tantrums when you separate
- Excessive shyness, avoiding social situations
- Constant worry
- Avoiding situations or places because of fears
- Complaints of frequent stomach aches or headaches
- Sudden and frequent panic attacks
Your child may be struggling with anxiety. And you may feel frustrated and helpless. You are not alone. One in three children will experience an anxiety disorder before adulthood. Unless treated, many will grow up to be anxious adults. This class will help you better understand the nature of anxiety, refrain from reinforcing your child’s distress by accommodating behaviors, and apply simple strategies to handle day to day challenges.