About This Workshop
Yes, it’s prom season with graduation right around the corner. But really, the chances are you worry about your teen engaging in risky behavior throughout the year. Studies show that youth who feel they can talk with their parents are 42% less likely to engage in risky behaviors such as promiscuity, using substances and aggression toward others. However, it’s easy to have breakdowns when talking with teens, especially about their struggles. Join Peace At Home founder, Ruth E. Freeman, LCSW and seasoned adolescent clinician and founder of UAreHeard, Marc Lehman, LMFT to discover how to communicate with your tween or teen by applying strategies that work. Bring your questions and get answers on the spot.
- Click the button above to watch the recording of this workshop previously hosted. Come learn proven, effective solutions that quickly produce positive results giving you more clarity and confidence. If you are looking for more support email our Parent Guides at Solutions@Peaceathomeparenting.com.
- For additional support, check out the Quick Video Solutions Library, Support, Inspire, and Connect. Explore the Video Solutions and Handouts for all the classes including Talking to Teens: Communication for Connection, Positive Connections for More Cooperation for Teens
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify why teens engage in risky behavior
- Recognize ways in which you can help guide your teen toward safe choices while still respecting autonomy
- Communicate effectively with your teen to decrease the chances of risky behavior