About This Workshop
Parenthood is a journey filled with joys, challenges and discoveries. For parents of neurodiverse children, this journey may also include unique experiences related to sensory disorders and other neurodiverse traits. Embracing neurodiversity means recognizing and accepting the extraordinary tapestry of human minds and abilities. In this workshop you will gain knowledge and tools to support your neurodiverse child with a special focus on recognizing and managing sensory disorders.
- Click the button above to register for this YUM! BRANDS Exclusive, 45 minute, virtual, Interactive workshop. We’ll email (1) a zoom link to add to your calendar, (2) reminders as the date gets closer and (3) a link to the recording and handouts once the live session is complete. Come learn proven, effective solutions that quickly produce positive results giving you more clarity and confidence.
- For additional support, check out the Quick Video Solutions Library, ADHD and Autism: Help Your Child Thrive Explore the Video Solutions and Handouts for all the classes including Help Your Child with Autism to Make Friends, Positive Discipline for Children with ADHD: Understand Your Child’s Brain
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Define neurodiversity including conditions such as autism spectrum disorder, ADHD, sensory processing disorder and more
- Recognize the strengths and challenges associated with neurodiversity for your child
- Recognize signs of sensory sensitivities and how they may affect your child’s daily life
- Develop communication skills that foster a positive connection with your neurodiverse child
- Apply supportive parenting strategies to create a nurturing and inclusive environment at home and help your child manage sensory overload