Family Wellness Mental & Physical
It’s often difficult to prioritize wellness for ourselves and our families, especially when life gets busy and stressful. This series will help you find ways to prioritize wellness, how to sneak movement into a hectic schedule, and how to treat yourself kindly when challenges arise. Health and wellness doesn’t have to be another added stress in your life. In fact, with the right strategies, fitness and nutrition can help you decrease stress and improve the quality of family time.
We will also focus on the meaning of mindfulness, why it is important and explore ways you can bring it into your life right this minute. What is most delightful and sometimes maddening about young children is that they are right here in this moment. They try to bring us into the present, but we often resist – cell phone in hand, shopping list in mind, eyes on the road to the future or worrying about the past. When we spend a lot of time on “auto-pilot,” life begins to feel empty and our relationship with our children can suffer. We’ll talk about ways to be present as a parent and a family to experience greater joy.
This library’s videos and handouts will help you to:
- Incorporate more movement into your day, on your own and with your family
- Set realistic goals and determine steps needed to reach them
- Develop sustainable healthy habits
- Treat yourself and your body with kindness, teaching your children to do the same.
- Apply strategies to respond effectively to stress in the moment.
- Teach these practices to children, from toddlers to high school students.
- Apply tools to use when children demonstrate challenging behaviors.
- Make healthier choices with your time and energy to increase family connection
- Reduce overall stress, anxiety, and depression
- Use play to connect with each other in happy ways