Challenges & Solutions
Join us for this expert-led live class exclusively for MIT. A recording of the class with handouts will be available once the class is complete.
- Does the idea of talking with your child about sexual orientation feel difficult or even a little scary?
- Are you confused about the changing ways that many in our society see these issues?
- Feeling the need for some guidance about how to support your child?
The issues of sexual orientation can be daunting for both kids and parents. Your child will look to you for guidance about how to feel and act. This class will help you prepare for an open, ongoing dialogue with your child or teen that is candid, authentic and supportive. Participants in this class will be able to:
- Recognize key issues and biases related to sexual orientation for your child and for yourself
- Apply listening and talking strategies that help your child feel safe enough to express their true thoughts and feelings
- Apply approaches that will support your child’s positive thoughts and feelings about themself