About This Workshop
- Children and teens are suffering from anxiety, depression and suicide at alarming rates since the pandemic. You may have a child in therapy or perhaps you’re seeking treatment for your child right now. Understanding your role in your child or teen’s therapy can make a huge difference in outcomes.
Peace At Home founder and seasoned clinician Ruth E. Freeman, LCSW will join with Guy S. Diamond, PhD, founder of Attachment Based Family Therapy, to discuss the ways that individual therapy for kids is often inadequate and how important your role is in successful treatment.
- Click the button above to watch the recording of this workshop previously hosted. Come learn proven, effective solutions that quickly produce positive results giving you more clarity and confidence. If you are looking for more support email our Parent Guides at Solutions@Peaceathomeparenting.com.
- For additional support, check out the Quick Video Solutions Library, Mental Health Knowledge and Skills. Explore the Video Solutions and Handouts for all the classes including Mental Health Literacy for Parents: The Basics, How Do I Know if My Child Needs Therapy and How Do I Choose a Therapist?
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify your role in your child’s mental health treatment including helping to set goals, assessing progress and learning new approaches to parenting
- Recognize the impact of your own mental health on your child’s wellbeing
- Recognize the limits of individual therapy for children and teens, and the power of family relationships to reduce mental health struggles.