About This Workshop
Supporting your child with special needs can feel confusing, overwhelming and sometimes impossible. While your child needs people who understand and support them, so do you.
This workshop will connect you with Peace At Home teachers and other parents like yourself who understand your day-to-day experiences and the worries that can come along with those. Join us to gain skills to navigate the complex terrain of raising a child with special needs and addressing challenging behaviors. We will also talk about accessing special education to appropriately meet your child’s needs.
- Click the button above to register for this Yum! Brands Exclusive, 45 minute, virtual, Interactive workshop. We’ll email (1) a zoom link to add to your calendar, (2) reminders as the date gets closer and (3) a link to the recording and handouts once the live session is complete. Come learn proven, effective solutions that quickly produce positive results giving you more clarity and confidence.
- For additional support, check out the Quick Video Solutions Library, ADHD and Autism: Help Your Child Thrive. Explore the Video Solutions and Handouts for all the classes including Family Rules and Routines for Better Behavior, Allies or Adversaries? Preparing to Communicate with Your Child’s School Team.
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify some of the reasons behind challenging behaviors in children with special needs and recognize environments that may escalate those behaviors
- Identify and apply strategies to strengthen your relationship with your child and better understand their unique needs and preferences
- Implement positive behavior approaches
- Define the difference between an accommodation and a modification
- Effectively prepare for and participate in your child’s IEP meetings and advocate for your child
- Use positive communication strategies with your child’s teacher and other school staff to advocate for your child