About This Workshop
Does any of this sound like your child?
- Clinging, crying and/or tantrums when you separate
- Excessive shyness, avoiding social situations
- Constant worry
- Avoiding situations or places because of fears
- Complaints of frequent stomach aches or headaches
- Sudden and frequent panic attacks
Your child may be struggling with anxiety. And you may feel frustrated and helpless. You are not alone, and there are proven strategies you can use to help your anxious child.
One in three children will experience an anxiety disorder before adulthood. Unless treated, childhood anxiety doesn’t just go away, and many will grow up to be anxious adults. If you’re wondering how to support your anxious child in ways that help, want to learn what really doesn’t help, or if you’re simply curious about childhood anxiety, this workshop is for you.
- Click the button above to watch the recording of this workshop previously hosted. Come learn proven, effective solutions that quickly produce positive results giving you more clarity and confidence. If you are looking for more support email our Parent Guides at Solutions@Peaceathomeparenting.com.
- For additional support, check out the Quick Video Solutions Library, Support Your Anxious Child Library . Explore the Video Solutions and Handouts for all the classes including Children and Anxiety: How can I Help?, Be Your Child’s Calm Center: How Your Emotions Affect Your Child’s Behavior
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Recognize and understand the signs and symptoms of anxiety
- Identify why accommodating anxious behaviors can reinforce distress, and what you can do instead.
- Apply simple strategies to handle day-to-day challenges with your anxious child