About This Workshop
Are you concerned that your children are spending too much time online? Do your kids use social media and the Surgeon’ General’s report has got you worried? You’re not alone. Let’s talk.
- This interactive presentation will address the use and over-use of technology for homework, leisure, and socializing and the challenges it presents to families. The U.S. Surgeon General’s Advisory Report indicates that nearly all teens use social media and we cannot conclude it is safe with regard to their mental health. In the context of our ongoing national pediatric mental health crisis, we must come together to address this important issue. Join other parents and Peace At Home experts to gain practical strategies that parents and children can use to truly embrace this digital frontier without fear and within reason.
- Click the button above to watch the recording of this workshop previously hosted. Come learn proven, effective solutions that quickly produce positive results giving you more clarity and confidence. If you are looking for more support email our Parent Guides at Solutions@Peaceathomeparenting.com.
- For additional support, check out the Quick Video Solutions Libraries Teens Support, Inspire and Connect and School Age Connection = Cooperation , Explore the Video Solutions and Handouts for all the classes including Positive Connections for More Cooperation for Teens, Talking to Teens: Communication for Connection and Be Your Child’s Calm Center: How Your Emotions Affect Your Child’s Behavior Who Owns the Problem- Coach Problem Solving Skills.
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify and apply approaches to effectively teach your child responsible digital citizenship
- Recognize the importance of developing an open conversation to address the unpredictable nature of online content
- Apply strategies to help your child develop a strong moral filter as they navigate the digital world
- Apply effective approaches to supporting your child’s social life online and off