About This Workshop
You are invited to our three part series on Coming Out Together: Parenting Your Magical LGBTQIA+ Kid. Confused about how your child views their own sex and gender? Worried that your child won't be accepted and safe? You are not alone. Join us for honest, informative and authentic conversations facilitated by two Peace At Home specialists who are parents as well as professionals in the fields of child development, mental health, and family science. Give your child and yourself the gift of opening up to see the world through your child's eyes and recognizing what they need from you in order to thrive. Come to one session or join us for them all.
- Register above for our first session Aren't They Too Young to Make These Decisions—What's Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity? In the first workshop of the series, we will discuss LGBTQIA+ basic terminology with a focus on the distinction between sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression. We'll explore how social media has transformed the landscape of identity and how we as parents can nurture our own growth alongside the growth of our children.
Click the links below to learn more about the other sessions in the series:
- Click the button above to register for this 45 minute, virtual, Interactive workshop. We’ll email (1) a zoom link to add to your calendar, (2) reminders as the date gets closer and (3) a link to the recording and handouts once the live session is complete. Come learn proven, effective solutions that quickly produce positive results giving you more clarity and confidence.
- For additional support, check out the Quick Video Solutions Library, LGBTQ+ and Gender Essentials. Explore the Video Solutions and Handouts for all the classes.
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Define the differences among the concepts of sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression
- Recognize the impact of social media on my child’s identity development process
- Apply strategies to continue learning how to support my child’s healthy development and identity formation