About This Workshop
Are you worried that your teen may engage in risky behavior? Do you feel like your attempts to engage with them go nowhere? Join us to discover effective ways to communicate with your teen with strategies that work.
Studies show that youth who feel they can talk with their parents are less likely to engage in risky behaviors such as promiscuity, using substances, violence, etc. However, it's easy to have breakdowns when talking with teens, especially about their struggles. Many of us want to help our kids to feel better and even fix their problems…which actually doesn’t help. This class will help you recognize barriers to connecting positively and apply strategies that will improve your communication during this confusing developmental stage.
- Click the button above to watch the recording of this workshop previously hosted. Come learn proven, effective solutions that quickly produce positive results giving you more clarity and confidence. If you are looking for more support email our Parent Guides at Solutions@Peaceathomeparenting.com.
- For additional support, check out the Quick Video Solutions Library, Teen Age Library- Support, Inspire and Connect. Explore the Video Solutions and Handouts for all the classes including Talking to Teens: Communication for Connection and Positive Connections for More Cooperation for Teens.
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Strengthen your listening as well as talking skills in ways that will help protect your teens and maybe even save your sanity
- Recognize and respect your teen’s brain changes
- Recognize and support your teen’s developmental tasks
- Avoid common roadblocks to effective communication with your teen
- Apply 4 Steps to effective communication for connection with your child