About This Workshop
It can be hard to know where to start when talking with your child about grief and loss. Kids grieve differently than adults, but they experience the same wide range of strong emotions that adults feel. Children and teens may express their emotions differently and it helps to recognize the many ways their grief may show up.
While there is no one size fits all approach, there are strategies and tips you can use to help your child cope. In this interactive workshop, you’ll connect with a Peace At Home expert to get answers to your questions about this tough issue. You’ll learn tangible ways to allow kids to explore their feelings and remember their loved one.
- Click the button above to watch the recording of this workshop previously hosted. Come learn proven, effective solutions that quickly produce positive results giving you more clarity and confidence. If you are looking for more support email our Parent Guides at Solutions@Peaceathomeparenting.com.
- For additional support, check out the Quick Video Solutions Library, Mental Health Knowledge and Skills to Support Your Child Explore the Video Solutions and Handouts for all the classes
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Apply child friendly language when sharing difficult news
- Identify the ways that children understand death in each developmental stage
- Recognize common reactions that children display in response to grief and loss
- Identify useful resources to help you support your child to process their grief reactions and emotions
- Apply practical and supportive ways to help your child cope with the challenges of loss and remember their loved one