About This Workshop
Are you concerned about your child’s progress in school but afraid to have your child “labeled”? Are you new to the process and feel confused about how special education works? Is your child already receiving special education services, but you’re still feeling confused?
You are not alone. The world of Special Education is important to our children, but can be quite mysterious to parents.
This class will help you understand the laws behind your child’s rights. You will learn about what to expect from two different kinds of services for children with disabilities: 504 Plans and Individual Education Programs (IEPs).The difference between the two is confusing to many parents. It’s important, however, to recognize the difference so you can be an effective part of your child’s planning team and so you can evaluate whether your school is effectively meeting your child’s needs.
- Click the button above to watch the recording of this workshop previously hosted. Come learn proven, effective solutions that quickly produce positive results giving you more clarity and confidence. If you are looking for more support email our Parent Guides at Solutions@Peaceathomeparenting.com.
- For additional support, check out the Quick Video Solutions Libraries Teens Support, Inspire and Connect and School Age Connection = Cooperation , Explore the Video Solutions and Handouts for all the classes
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Define eligibility for an IEP based on the Individual with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), a Special Education law
- Define eligibility for a 504 Plan based on The Rehabilitation Act, a Civil Rights law
- Recognize why certain children qualify for special education and others do not
- Identify the difference between an accommodation and a modification
- Define an IEP and a 504 Plan and recognize how these are related to your personal experience