About This Workshop
- Are you a transgender parent wondering about how your gender identity may affect your child?
- Are you raising a transgender child and want to know more about how to support them?
You are not alone.
The rights and experiences of transgender people have been in the news for several years. But parents of kids who raise questions about their gender may still feel unclear about what kids need from their families as they wrestle with gender identity. Sometimes parents wonder if they cause this struggle. Is it just a phase? And parents may feel strong emotions of grief, confusion and sometimes even fear or anger.
Parents who are transgender themselves face different but equally important challenges. How will it affect my children if I come out to them? Can it harm or confuse them in any way? In fact, studies indicate that most transgender parents report that their relationships are generally positive, including after coming out as transgender. There is also no evidence that having a transgender parent affects a child’s gender identity or sexual orientation, nor has any impact on other developmental milestones.
Clear communication, strong connection, and love and acceptance go a long way in all relationships. Join us for an in-depth conversation on trans parenting and parenting trans kids. Let’s do this together.
- Click the button above to watch the recording of this workshop previously hosted. Come learn proven, effective solutions that quickly produce positive results giving you more clarity and confidence. If you are looking for more support email our Parent Guides at Solutions@Peaceathomeparenting.com.
- For additional support, check out the Quick Video Solutions Library, LGBTQ+ and Gender Essentials Explore the Video Solutions and Handouts for all the classes including Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity, LGBTQ+ What Do All Those Letters Mean?
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify essential vocabulary and clarify challenges associated with gender identity exploration.
- Apply effective communication strategies to support your children to accept themselves and others regardless of gender identification.
- Recognize your own biases and roles as a trans parent or parent of a trans child.
- Identify strategies and resources to be an ally to trans individuals in your life and around the world