About This Workshop
As children enter adolescence, they have a natural desire for independence. Teenagers’ desire for freedom can be scary for parents/caregivers, however, it is what gradually turns your adolescent into a healthy adult.
- Click the button above to watch the recording of this workshop previously hosted. Come learn proven, effective solutions that quickly produce positive results giving you more clarity and confidence. If you are looking for more support email our Parent Guides at Solutions@Peaceathomeparenting.com.
- For additional support, check out the Quick Video Solutions Library, Teen Age Library- Support, Inspire and Connect. Explore the Video Solutions and Handouts for all the classes including Positive Connections for More Cooperation for Teens , Use Everyday Conversations to Nurture Character, Plan for Teen Independence – Part 1 and 2, and Talking to Teens: Teach Problem Solving
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Recognize key factors in adolescent brain development that influence behavior
- Identify factors that make independence during adolescence “risky”
- Recognize the consequences of restricting independence
- Identify and apply steps in planning with teens for situations that strengthen the independence