About This Workshop
When your child approaches you to share or process their thoughts and feelings about gender identity or sexual orientation they are trusting you with their deepest sense of self. These conversations can spark fears for their wellbeing and it can be a struggle in that moment to know how to respond without rejecting or discounting their experience. These issues may challenge your values or beliefs. It might seem that being “straight” isn’t cool and your child wants to explore other options to be more like their friends.
As the holidays approach, you can anticipate that these issues may come up at the dinner table with your extended family. And that might be yet another trigger for you. Join Peace At Home teachers for a conversation that will prepare you for an open, ongoing dialogue with your child or teen that is candid, authentic and supportive. Bring your questions and concerns about this important, sensitive topic and get answers on the spot.
- Click the button above to watch the recording of this workshop previously hosted. Come learn proven, effective solutions that quickly produce positive results giving you more clarity and confidence. If you are looking for more support email our Parent Guides at Solutions@Peaceathomeparenting.com.
- For additional support, check out the Quick Video Solutions Libraries , Support, Inspire, and Connect and LGBTQ+ and Gender Essentials. Explore the Video Solutions and Handouts for all the classes including, Talking to Teens: Communication for Connection, Positive Connections for More Cooperation for Teens, LGBTQ+ What Do All Those Letters Mean? How to Help Your LGBTQ+ Child Thrive.
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Apply ways to respond to your child that are supportive
- Recognize responses to your child that are not helpful
- Apply listening and talking strategies that help your child feel safe enough to express their true thoughts and feelings
- Apply approaches that will support your child’s positive thoughts and feelings about themself